Our Profire 2626 modifications come in two different forms:
- New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, instrument inputs, headphone outputs, and line outputs)
- Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
- Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
- Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
- Removal of current limiting circuit on the line outputs (this drastically opens up the sound)
- In addition to the Standard Mod, we include high-grade signal path capacitors on the analog inputs and outputs (mic preamps, line inputs, headphone outputs, and line outputs)
All it takes is one listen to discover why we are such huge fans of the Profire 2626 Mods! Select the modification option that’s right for you, then click “Add to cart.” Be sure to check out the Micro Clock Bundle tab (above) to explore how to further improve your conversion experience, and save money!
M-Audio ProFire 2626 Standard
M-Audio ProFire 2626 Premium
The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”.